Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More info on Uleen in the news

http://www.cftktv.com/node/964447

http://www.terracedaily.ca/show4493a/SKEENA_VALLEY_EXPEDITIONS_ADDRESS__LOSS

I have to say, I don't know what the usual is for that big of a party but I would think there would have been more than one certified guide there. Also, considering the conditions and the fact that the party from the previous day also had several rafts overturn I don't think they should have allowed the tour to go on. I realize that they could not help the fact that satellite communications were not working at the time but it seems to me by the way the articles were written that they took too long to decide to go for a land line. It almost makes me wonder if she could have been saved if they had acted faster. I am still very angry, even more so now that I know more about what happened. It is awful to know the details I guess, because now I have mental pictures in my head. I don't know what else to say except I will continue to look for more info on the accident as time progresses.

No comments: