Friday, April 17, 2009

1000 Markets and where I stand right now

I recently found out about a new site to buy and sell handmade items. It is called 1000 Markets and I have decided to try it out. So far I really like it. It is so much easier to list products than on Etsy and there is just one page where you can add everything instead of several. It looks great and the search works well, unlike Artfire. I am just not having a lot of luck on Etsy, as much as I love it. If I start doing well on 1000 Markets I may move most of my stuff there. I plan to keep my shop open on Etsy regardless and I plan to start stocking my Hyena Cart with Cloth Diapering products by June. This means I will have shops in several places so I hope to get my own website to link to all of my shops in the future. I have so many new products I am working on that are not listed in my shop. I just don't have a lot of time to make things. I just got in a lot of designer fabric, organic bamboo velour and benartex minkee so I will be offering super soft and luxurious items soon. Not that my current stuff is not, this is just more top of the line! Anyhow please take a look at my 1000 Markets shop. It has the same items as Etsy but I just love the look of the 1k Markets site.

http://www.1000markets.com/users/cootiepants

2 comments:

EtsyBABY Team Captain said...

Welcome to EtsyBABY! You have been blogged!
http://etsybaby.blogspot.com/

Bellissima said...

That's exactly what I do: I have several shops at different venues, and then one main site with all my product/business info and a page that gives visitors the choice of which venue they want to shop at - take a peek if you like:
http://www.bellissimamineralmakeup.com
Best of Luck!